Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-datetree Some Suggestions

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-datetree Some Suggestions
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:35:50 +0000

Tassilo Horn wrote:
Ian Barton <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ian,

At the moment dates are inserted as plain text. It would nice to have
an option to insert the date as either an active or inactive
date. Perhaps if there was a remember variable the user could simply
surround it with either "[" or "<" as appropriate. Or maybe there is a
better way?

You can use the %U escape in any remember template, which inserts the
inactive timestamp for this item's creation time.

Thanks Tassilo, but it doesn't do what I want. This is an example of what org-datetree produces:

** 2009
*** 2009-11 November <- I would like to customize this format.
**** 2009-11-14 Saturday <- I would like to choose to make this a timestamp
***** Test1
***** Another Test.

Ian