Re: [Orgmode] [orgmobile] Search by two tags or more

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [orgmobile] Search by two tags or more
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:24:15 -0500

Noorul Islam <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Richard Moreland <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi again Marcelo,
> >
> > I haven't yet implemented this feature, but it is a good idea.  I will
> > consider how to best implement this for a future release.
> >

> I remember reading this
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-searches.html#Tag-searches
>
> But the boolean operators does not work along with C-c \  for me.
>
> Since it is already in the manual, is it not supposed to work?

Are you talking about the same thing?

I presume Richard and Marcelo are talking about Richard's iPhone app
(which I have not used).  IIUC, it's that app that does not implement
the feature (searching for items with two tags).

OTOH, org-mode itself does implement the above search perfectly well
in my very limited testing:

C-c \ +foo+baz <RET>

finds all items that are tagged :foo:bar: correctly.

What search did you try that didn't work? What did it give? A bit more
context about what you tried and what the environment was would help.

Here's the sample org file I used to test the above:

,----
| #+TAGS: foo bar baz
|
| * two
| * four
| * three
:bar:baz:
| * one
:foo:
| * five
:foo:baz:
`----

Org-mode version 6.33trans (release_6.33c.32.g77c91)

HTH,
Nick