Re: [Orgmode] [mobileorg] mobileorg.org empty on webdav, mobileorg stil

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [mobileorg] mobileorg.org empty on webdav, mobileorg still showing items
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:45:25 -0600

Thanks Richard!

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Richard Moreland <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcelo,

On Nov 19, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> This one relates to the capture feature. When I capture on orgmobile and
> sync, the notes go to the mobileorg.org file. When I do a org-mobile-pull
> from emacs, emacs takes all these items and copy them to from_mobile.org,
> emptying mobileorg.org. Just after that, @mobileorg, if I sync again, the
> capture view still shows the items I captured, however, since
> mobileorg.orgis empty, I don't think they should be shown there.

You should do a push operation after a pull.  The push operation will update the checksum file and let MobileOrg know to fetch your updated mobileorg.org file (which should now be empty).

A push will almost always make sense to do after you've pulled and fully integrated your mobile changes.

> Also, I have noted that when I capture something new, the capture icon is
> decorated with a number icon that shows the  number fo the new notes I have
> taken. When I sync, this icon disappears, but the "old" notes are still
> shown. Am I missing something in here?

The red counter badges indicate changes that have been made that need syncing (like count of new notes since the last sync, or in the case of the Outlines tab, number of edits waiting to be synced).  They do not indicate the number of notes you've captured, though this may sometimes happen to be the same.

Hope this helps,
Richard