[orgmode] add todo state when tagging by specific tag

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [orgmode] add todo state when tagging by specific tag
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:11:14 -0600

Hello list,

What would be the easiest way to apply a TODO state to an item just after tagging it by a specific tag? For example,  want to tag an item with the :PROJECT: tag and when I do that, change the TODO to PROJECT too.

I know it is possible somehow, given the flexibility of elisp and org, but I'd like to know if org provides any machinery/API that makes it easier/straightfoward (maybe a hook?)

Thanks,

Marcelo.