Re: [Orgmode] A Header outline and an Argument outline in one?

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A Header outline and an Argument outline in one?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:10:49 +0100

El miƩ, nov 18 2009 a les 13:12, Scot Becker va escriure:
> (e) above is a bit of another matter, and I'm not sure how to
> accomplish it in orgmode, which only has native capacity to supress
> whole nodes, not just the headers,

  This is very interesting. I assume you want to wrap some paragraphs inside a
header but without exporting the header; just for the outline benefits.
  Normally you would do:

----------------------------
My thesis.

* (just a little introduction)
I will explain the achievements of this work.

** (first discovery: roses are red)
It was discovered that roses are red.
----------------------------

  But then the headers are exported.
  You should use inline tasks instead. Use (require 'org-inlinetask) and write:

----------------------------
My thesis.

**************** (just a little introduction)
I will explain the achievements of this work.

***************** (first discovery: roses are red)
It was discovered that roses are red.
----------------------------

  Ask org-mode not to export the tasks -- it exports the content instead:
  (setq org-inlinetask-export nil)

  And this exports to:

My thesis.

I will explain the achievements of this work.

It was discovered that roses are red.

  I hope it helps.

-- Daniel