[Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?

From: Norbert Zeh
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:25:08 -0400

Norbert Zeh [2009.11.25  543 -0400]:
> Hi James,
>
> thanks for looking into this, and fixing it.  I'd be happy to test.
> Just one question.  If I don't want to overwrite my stable version of
> org mode that's installed and I choose to install the git version in a
> separate location, how to I instruct emacs to use the git version
> instead of the stable one?
>
> Cheers,
> Norbetr

Alright, while we're at it ;), here's another somewhat unexpected
behaviour.  I'm not even sure this should be considered a bug, but it's
more a matter of defining what the right behaviour should be.

If I have an entry with an effort estimate of, say, 1:00 and it is shown
in today's agenda because it is scheduled today and the deadline is in 2
days, the 1:00 time effort is counted twice in the effort summary for
the day.  To me, this doesn't make much sense, as it's only one task,
not two.  So, if I were to choose how to treat this situation, I would
simply say that all entries shown because of their deadline should not
be listed in this summary.  Then, of course, this may not be the right
rule in all situations.

Any ideas how one could let the user specify on a per-column basis
whether entries shown because of a deadline should be included in the
summary or not?

Cheers,
Norbert