Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with time summary in column view?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:25:37 +0100

Hi James,

thanks for fixing this so quickly.  I have applied the patch.

- Carsten

Hi Matt and Norbert,

On 2009-11-24 16:56:27(-0400), Norbert Zeh wrote:
I just tried the latest org-mode version 6.33f, and I've run into the following problem that is not there with version 6.32b but which I can also reproduce with version 6.33c (sorry didn't try any other versions).

I've just tried this with the latest org-mode from git and it seems to be working fine. There have been no changes to column view since 6.33f
was tagged.

I'm experiencing the same problem the OP reports (i.e., no effort or
clocksum summaries) when viewing columns in the agenda. I reported this
in an earlier email:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19937

Ah, I missed that. Sorry.

I've looked into this further and found what I think was causing it. The code which calculates the summaries in the agenda was mixing up properties and titles, and failing to find the data it was supposed to be summarising. It worked if there was no title set on the column being summarised, which is why
the test I did earlier seemed OK.

It should be fixed now, there's a patch (b0eaeaa) for this in the bugfixes branch at
git://yog-sothoth.mohorovi.cc/org-mode.

Can one of you give it a try and confirm it fixes your problem?

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/address@hidden>-|