[Orgmode] Re: [BUG] org-export-pdf-remove-logfiles extensions

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] org-export-pdf-remove-logfiles extensions
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:07:57 +0100

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> On Nov 25, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>
>>> XeLaTeX produces some more files than pdflatex. These are: .nav, .snm,
>>> .vrb. All named the same as the base file.
>
> I don't think those extensions are specific to XeLaTeX. I have them as
> well as soon as I use beamer and verbatim code.

It's quite possible.

>> Are you using XeTeX with Org-mode?
>> How exactly, can you white a little HOWTO and post it here?
>
> I would be interested as well...

It's nothing special really. The only thing I had to do is change
"pdflatex" to "xelatex" in org-latex-to-pdf-process. There are some
slight changes in a preamble too. You have to use some packages to take
full advantage of xelatex. They are

  - xunicode and xltxtra --- for utf-8 input,
  - fontspec --- for convenient access to TTF fonts.

I'am not (Xe)LaTeX guru so I can't explain you anything more.

I am creating a beamer presentation so I had to create my preamble from
scrach and add it to org-export-latex-classes (in fact I M-w C-y-ed it
from the web). However, this reminds me of a drawback I found. There is
no way to put some LaTeX code from the Org document into the preamble.
You can use #+begin_latex only for the body.

I use xelatex because it supports UTF-8 input and TTF fonts much better
than any other tex "backend".

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach