[Orgmode] Re: Again on bookmarks

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Again on bookmarks
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:41:32 +0100

andrea <address@hidden> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> andrea <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> See BookmarkExtension:
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/BookmarkExtension
>>
>> It support now nearly all:
>> emacs-w3m bookmarks, Firefox bookmarks, Delicious bookmarks, Gnus
>> bookmarks, Man pages etc...
>>
>> You can jump to url bookmarks either to w3m or Firefox.
>>

> I installed it but it has no kind of documentation and I don't see any
> way to export/use from an external browser...
>
> It looks like just a replacement for bookmark in emacs, is there any doc
> somewhere?
Yes it is enhancement of standard Emacs bookmarks.

I wrote a little doc only to setup Firefox protocols, you will find it
in the directory you get with mercurial.

Before all, you have to setup Firefox.
Read the doc on Emacswiki and the file
bookmark-extensions-documentation.rst.

When done use as standard Emacs bookmarks:
C-x r l
Then for firefox bookmarks just hit "P".

If that work, you can export to an org file with
M-x bmkext-firefox2org

For Delicious bookmarks, you need the library anything-delicious.el.
You will find it on emacswiki also.
or here:(get it with hg clone)

http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/anything-delicious

Read inside the file instruction to setup, specially for the
authentification side.

When done, hit "D" from bookmark menu list (C-x r l)
C-u D will refresh the list from Delicious server.