[Orgmode] Re: Emacs opens a frame for each file in agenda list on org-mo

From: Christopher Long
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Emacs opens a frame for each file in agenda list on org-mobile
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:07:58 -0700

Dear Steve and All,

I've been able to suppress the problem by commenting out one line (line 232) in org-mobile.el
(in the version of org I just recently got from git, 6.33f+).  That line is:

;;      (push (cons file link-name) rtn))

Unfortunately, this also suppresses the update of the .org file of interest in the staging directory. Can anyone fluent in list propose how to update the org file without having the file "pop" open
on Windows XP?

 Also, it is not simply an "emacsclient" issue as I was first guessing.
If I use a .txt file as my org file of interest this gets opened by notepad rather than emacs (since I have not "told" Windows to open .txt files with emacs, but I have allowed org to use txt files.) (Also note, .txt files are not supported in the present version of mobileorg, but Richard has written
a version which should be able to access them in the future.)

 Here are more details:

file: org-6.33f\lisp\org-mobile.el

I traced the problem by following:
1. defun org-mobile-push which calls org-mobile-files-alist
2. defun org-mobile-files-alist contains
     (push (cons file link-name) rtn))

Thanks!

Stoph

Steve Brown wrote: