Re: [Orgmode] Bug Report: TAB on empty headline cycles through the wrong

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug Report: TAB on empty headline cycles through the wrong levels
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:40:36 +0100

Hi Ryan,

here I do not agree with your assessment.
Putting the cursor at the beginning of a headline and pressing M-RET is a specific exception of the normal workings of the command, and it create a sibling above the entry.

If you want to make use of the indentation cycling, I think you should go to the end of the subtree above by pressing LEFT, and then use M- RET annd then TAB to get your level right.

- Carsten