[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?

From: bluedian
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:23:53 +0000 (UTC)

I'm looking for a configuration example of a mairix/gnus/org-mode (for org-mode
just the link between gnus and mairix) configuration and have some questions :
- I've read that there were problems with mairix and utf-8 encoding, is is still
true ?
- It is also possible to use mairix for indexing the mail I send ?

I use gnus since 7 years but don't parametrize it since a long time (I remember
spending a long time to do it).

I use a fetchmail/procmail process in order to have local mail boxes. I also
encounter some performance problem with gnus (with huge mail box), it's why
I want now to use mairix.

I also hope, as Xavier suggest, to keep a small active mail box and delegate the
classification part in org-mode (delete a mail or answers it or put it in an
task for deferred action or save attached part in some place).

My use of Mairix will be just for storing a trace of incoming (and outcoming ?)
mail and searching in : I sometimes need to check if someone has really send me
a mail (my students for instance). And I send a lot of identical mails along the
year (so retrieving one and copy/cut rapidly help me gaining time).

Regards,
BlueDian