Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 11:33:58 -0700

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> http://interimvptoday.com/email-inbox-zero-versus-never-delete-email/
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/009311.html
>
> These and the others you will find allude to this approach fitting in
> with the more general GTD view, which is why org-mode is critical (for
> me) to get this working.
>
> The summary is 5 actions when dealing with new email:
>
>     * Delete: just get rid of it (or archive it)
>     * Delegate: get someone else to deal with it
>     * Respond: if it takes just a few minutes, do it right now
>     * Defer: put it on a todo list, archive it, and deal with it later
>     * Do: handle whatever the email actually needs you to do

FWIW I've been using gnus for ~1year (moved from VM) and I find that the
gnus "ticks" are perfect for this sort of workflow -- if I tick an
article is persists and I know I need to respond at some point, if I
don't tick an article is disappears -- hidden but still in my inbox
until it is automatically archived after a month or so.