[Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.32trans and 6.21b; Strange interaction betw

From: Martin Pohlack
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.32trans and 6.21b; Strange interaction between whitespace-mode and cust. org-ellipsis
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:06:59 +0100

(sorry for the resent, this time with minimal init.test.el)

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

I observe a strange interaction between whitespace-mode and org-mode
if org-ellipsis is set.

Whenever I use whitespace-toggle-options for customizing
whitespace-mode in a buffer, all org-mode buffers are effected.
Probably their display table is overwritten which only has effect if
org-ellipsis is set?

Steps to reproduce:

* Start emacs as follows (no local init file, start attached minimal
  init file, open two small org-files, also attached):

  $ emacs -q -l init.test.el test1.org test2.org

* Hit F10 in one org-mode buffer once.

* Look at other org-mode buffer to see that spaces are visualized via a
  centered dot.

What *is* happening:

* Other buffers are effected by a supposedly local action (display
  table?).

What *should* be happening:

* No change to other buffers should occur.

I'm not entirely convinced that org-mode is to blame here ...

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.7)
 of 2009-09-17 on monat400
Package: Org-mode version 6.21b
Package: Org-mode version 6.32trans

Org-settings see attachment.

abc def

abc def

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-ellipsis "…"))

(require 'whitespace)

(defun my-whitespace-on ()
  (interactive)
  (whitespace-mode 1)
  (whitespace-toggle-options (list 'space-mark)))

(global-set-key [f10] 'my-whitespace-on)