Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:53:14 -0500

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 22:04 +0100, David Maus wrote:
> At Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:43:51 -0500,
> Matt Price wrote:
> >
> > [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> > [1.1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 20:57 -0300, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira wrote:
> > > I use wanderlust for email (including this list) and it works really well
> > > with
> > > imap. I was somewhat hard to configure, but now that everything is
> > > working I
> > > don't feel like going back to my previous e-mail client (evolution).
> > >

> > darlan, would you be willing to share your config for wl?  i can't seem
> > to make any headway with it at all.  i'm just looking for a light
> > emacs-based mail reader/imap client on my aging laptop, which is mostly
> > an emacs machine now.  GNUS can see my mail, but it's just so heavy for
> > what i'm looking for, and also doesn't seem to want to honor the imap
> > conventions in terms of hiding deleted messages, which is sort of
> > essential for me as things stand.
>
> Just pushed my Wanderlust configuration to github:
>
> http://github.com/dmj/dotfiles/blob/master/.wl
>
> A simple configuration: I use a local imap server to access my mails
> and gmail to send. What helped me to get in touch with Wanderlust
> after an unsuccessful attempt was this blog posting:
>
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html
>
>  - describing a setup with a local maildir storage.

thanks david, and also to eric, who sent me his.  With both your help I
have wanderlust up and running, though still with some confusions (how
do I hide read or deleted messages?  why won't wl actually send any
mail?  etc.).  I'm sure i'll be able to clear those up soon, though.

Anyway, thanks.

matt

--
Matt Price