Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Give a name to the plot

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Give a name to the plot
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:04:10 -0500

<...>
> A side question (now that I have more graphics appearing in my example
> document): is there/would there/will there be a way to regenerate all the
> graphics included in my document?

Hi Seb,

Currently we have org-babel-execute-buffer and org-babel-execute-subtree.

By the way, if you're generating graphics, I just started playing with
inline images in org buffers (e.g. org-babel results). Eric's emacs
starter kit[1] contains this configuration[2] for using inline images in
org. I haven't worked out how to get the images to refresh when the
underlying file changes (any tips? All I've learned so far really is
it's a good way to make emacs segfault.) but check it out if you haven't
already.

> I can imagine (that's how Carsten does see the things with the tables, if I
> understand correctly) this never will or would be automatic upon opening of
> file

I guess you could use a hook, right?  E.g. find-file-hook?

Dan

Footnotes:

[1] http://github.com/eschulte/emacs-starter-kit

[2]
** Support for viewing images
This allows for the viewing of images in-line in Org-mode documents.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (require 'iimage)
  (setq iimage-mode-image-search-path (expand-file-name "~/"))
  ;; Match org file: links
  (add-to-list 'iimage-mode-image-regex-alist
               (cons (concat "\\[\\[file:\\(~?" iimage-mode-image-filename-regex
  (defun org-toggle-iimage-in-org ()
    (interactive)
    (let ((turning-on (not iimage-mode)))
      (set-face-underline-p 'org-link (not turning-on))
      (iimage-mode (or turning-on 0))))
#+end_src