Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Tiny "problems"

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Tiny "problems"
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 22:24:47 -0700

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Here the "problems" (details, though) I've observed:
>
> - srcname must be in column 0 for the highlighting to be correct.

The syntax highlighting is really just org-mode comment highlighting,
and I don't know that it would be desirable to start highlighting
comments which don't start at the beginning of a line.

Maybe once babel is able to recognize #+source: and #+results: lines
which don't start at column 0 -- currently it doesn't -- then it would
make sense from a babel perspective to put some pressure on the syntax
coloring.

> - *after* =C-c '= forth and back, all the blank lines in my source block (in
>   my example, the one between "SET NOCOUNT ON" and "SELECT TOP 10") are filled
>   with an amount of whitespaces (and, in my Emacs config, highlighted as
>   useless spaces).
>
> - the condition block is not indented properly in the tangled output file;
>   only the first line is:

Maybe the above two issues could be fixed by setting the
`org-src-preserve-indentation' variable's value to t.  Since I only need
this in some org-mode buffers I set it as a buffer local variable by
placing a line like the following at the top of these buffers.

# -*- org-src-preserve-indentation: t -*-

again this should/will be in the documentation somewhere...

Best -- Eric