[Orgmode] Bug in org-babel R language shadows ruby

From: Daniel Doherty
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug in org-babel R language shadows ruby
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:50:16 -0600

All,

I'm not on this mailing list, but thought this would be the right place to pass along a bug in org-babek
that had me baffled for a long time.

I was initializing org-babel with the following from my init.el file
(require 'org-babel-init)
(require 'org-babel-ruby)
(require 'org-babel-R)
(require 'org-babel-python)
(org-babel-load-library-of-babel)

When executing a ruby src block, I would get an error saying that the "r" language was not a babel-interpreter.

When I change the order of the language initializations, the error goes away:
(require 'org-babel-init)
(require 'org-babel-R)
(require 'org-babel-ruby)
(require 'org-babel-python)
(org-babel-load-library-of-babel)

Now, ruby is recognized.  Looks like the function for parsing the src block is seeing the 'r' in ruby and stopping
because 'R" is a valid language, but then choking when it tries to run 'r'.

I hope someone can get this to Eric Schulte to see what's going on.  In the meantime, putting ruby second is a workaround.

I suspect a similar problem happens whenever one language is a prefix of another.

Regards,

Dan Doherty