Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support - 2nd round

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support - 2nd round
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 00:51:38 +0100

Hi Eric,

On Dec 6, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

At Sat, 5 Dec 2009 18:10:33 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
- I need to be able to specify arguments for columns (i.e. the
environment, not specific columns), specifically
often [t] to make two columns align vertically

Yes, this is a problem.  YOu can specify arguments for the columns
environment if you create it explicitly, i.e. with a headline with
BEAMER_env set to "columns".  But I can see that it would be good to
be able to set an argument also when creating the environment
implicitly.  I'll think of something.

Using an explicit environment is not a big deal but I couldn't get it
to work in this manner.  Does it work for you?  Try to columns that
are different heights.  The default placement is to centre them
vertically which can look strange depending on their content.  The [t]
allows for them to align at the top.

Yep, this was a mistake in the template.  Fixed now.

- I don't understand what the difference between opt and envargs is.
In fact, I see no reference to BEAMER_opt in the document you wrote
yet your example has opt as one of the column view specifications.

opt is obsolete, I had three separate properties opt, ovl, and dovl
at some point (tried many different things during the last week),
but I decided to lump them all into one, envargs.

Makes sense.  Thanks.

- it would be nice if when a column heading is also a block heading,
that the tags generated (which, by the way, is a really nice
feature) include both block and column tags to make it easy to spot
the column aspect.

Hmm, I agree that this would be useful. You mean if a heading has both
BEAMER_env and BEAMER_col set....

Yes, exactly.

OK, this works now as well.

And you can pass options to the columns environment and to the column
environment by preceeding [..] with "c" or "C", like this:

* This is a frame
** Block starting also a column   :BMCOL:B_block:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: block
:BEAMER_envargs: [op-for-block] c[opt-for-column-env] C[opt-for- columns-env]
   :END:

Not strongly tested, but I hope it works...

- Carsten

Thanks,
eric

- Carsten