[Orgmode] Re: [babel] features request for Emacs Initialization

From: bluedian
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] features request for Emacs Initialization
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 07:31:34 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for your reply.

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > 2) When in debugging mode (a variable, like "stater-kit-org-babel-debug-lisp
> > put to t), could a trace be generated by the tangling process in order to
> > trace the execution of the configuration file (simple trace like the
> > generation of a message at the start and end of each emacs lisp block). That
> > could be a good help for rapidly finding an error. >

> Hmm, I feel like this would require too much code in org-babel for too limited
> a set of functionality. Maybe there is a more general feature lying behind
> this request that would be more widely applicable?

I understand.

For now, I use this basic snippet when defining emacs code block in my
configuration files, JDL-Debug is a flag I put to true when I want to debug my
Emacs configuration.

# -*- mode: snippet -*-
# name: code org for emacs configuration blocks
# key: cemacs
# --
#+srcname: $1
#+begin_src emacs-lisp