Re: [Orgmode] Notmuch: An emacs interface for fast global search and tag

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Notmuch: An emacs interface for fast global search and tagging of email
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:56:11 +0100

Hi David,

please make sure to tell me when there is a final version of the stuff we should add to Org-mode.

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Dec 5, 2009, at 5:40 PM, David Bremner wrote:

For those of you interested in notmuch and org-mode, I have a
preliminary version of support for links from org-mode files to
notmuch.  Currently the following are working

* Supported by org-store-link
** Link to a thread
[[notmuch:thread:35471bef770cf624005d52a155bd140e][Email from Aneesh Kumar K. V.: {notmuch} {PATCH 1/2} notmuch-]]

** Link to a specific message
[[notmuch:id:address@hidden from Matt Lundin: {Orgmode} Re: HTML export: How]]

* Manually created links
** Link to a tag search
  [[notmuch:tag:notmuch][Search notmuch about notmuch]]
** Link to an aritrary search
  [[notmuch:"Thisbe%20dog"][Search for "Thisby dog"]]

If you want to try it out, you need a recent org-mode, the file org- notmuch.el

http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/git/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=lisp/org-notmuch.el;hb=notmuch-link

And a patched notmuch.el from

http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/git/?p=notmuch.git;a=blob_plain;f=notmuch.el;hb=org-link

Of course you can just clone those two git repos if you want.

The org-mode side is still subject to change as Carl
merges/modifies/rejects my proposed patches to notmuch.

David