[Orgmode] Oddity in LaTeX export?

From: Mark Elston
Subject: [Orgmode] Oddity in LaTeX export?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:48:47 -0800

I have a standard format I like to use in creating some class notes
in latex.  I use memoir and have a boilerplate that only differs
in the title from notes to notes.  I have decided to try to manage
my documentation for my notes in org to see if it is easier to do.
Mostly (so far) it is a pretty good match.

However, I have run into a snag for exporting the notes to latex.
I tried using the #+TITLE: directive but got page numbers (in roman)
on the first couple of pages.  This looked ugly.  So I set the
#+TITLE: directive to be empty and added to the #+TEXT: block
the following:

#+TEXT: \title{ABC Class Notes}
#+TEXT: \begin{titlingpage}
#+TEXT: \maketitle
#+TEXT: \end{titlingpage}

This almost works.  The problem is the first of these lines gets
exported with the closing '}' escaped.  In other words it comes
out as:

\title{ABC Class Notes\}

I am not sure why this is or what to do about it.

BTW, I had to set the TITLE directive to empty since just having it
resulted in an automatic \maketitle export which was not surrounded
by the titlingpage environment.  I really wanted that titlingpage
environment and I couldn't think of another way of  handling it.

There are a couple of other items but I want to take this a step at a
time.

Mark