Re: [Orgmode] [babel] changing size of R graphics in pdf output

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] changing size of R graphics in pdf output
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:51:46 +0000

Dan,

> Before running the export, do you have a link to the image *already* in
> your org buffer?
>
> If no, then you should just get one copy of the image.
>
> If yes, then, if the link is positioned in such a way that it will get
> replaced by the output (no intervening lines between end of source block
> and results) then you should get one copy.

I would almost certainly already  have the link as I have been making
minor changes and recompiling , what seems like hundreds of times
trying to sort out how to fix it

> #+options toc:nil
> #+title: R latex graphics
>
> Text before figure.
> #+CAPTION:    Trial boxplots with babel
> #+LABEL:      fig:trial boxplots
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5cm
> #+srcname:Boxplots Summary
> #+begin_src R :session BirdData :file BoxplotSummary.pdf :exports both
>  Wingcrd <- rnorm(100, 20) ; Tarsus <- rnorm(100, 5) ;
>  Head <- rnorm(100, 3) ; Wt <- rnorm(100, 40)
>  boxplot(Wingcrd,Tarsus,Head,Wt,names=c("Wingcrd","Tarsus","Head","Wt"))
> #+end_src
>
> #+results: Boxplots
> [[file:BoxplotSummary.pdf]]
>
> Text after figure.

Thanks for this. It has to be said I am really excited about this
babel and R combination. I often do a few pages of R explanation on a
specific topic for students where I need to combine text and R output,
and this is a brilliant solution for this.

Graham