Re: [Orgmode] Re: Question about searches (ultimately for agenda)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Question about searches (ultimately for agenda)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:37:42 +0100

On Dec 16, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

On 12/15/09 21:26, Matt Lundin wrote:
Provided DONE and RETURNED are inactive todos than the following should
suffice:

C-a M Jack [RET]

        I think you meant C-c a M Jack [RET]

It actually does filter out inactive TODO's, but I actually wanted to do C-c a m Jack [RET]. I don't want to limit the search to headlines that have a TODO state. I just want to exclude those that have DONE (or anything equivalent to it).

This is what skip conditions are for.  Here is an entry for
org-agenda-custom-commands which does this for the specific
"Jack" example:

("X" "Tags match ignoring done stuff" tags "Jack"
  ((org-agenda-skip-function
    '(and
      (org-entry-is-done-p)
      (outline-next-heading)
      (point)))))

If you want to be prompted for the tags match, leave the match element
empty (empty string).  But do that only after you next upgrade from
the git repo, because there was a bug related to prompting.

Hope this helps

- Carsten