[Orgmode] Re: change default pdf reader for link

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: change default pdf reader for link
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:09:22 -0500

Shawn Koons <address@hidden> writes:

> I am on a Ubuntu box. When I link to a pdf file on my computer, it
> opens in Xpdf. I would like pdf files to open in Document Viewer. How
> can I change the default viewer for pdf links from Xpdf to Document
> Viewer?

Org uses system defaults for following hyperlinks. Thus, you should be
able to change the default by adding the following line to your
~/.mailcap file:

application/pdf; /usr/bin/evince %s

If you'd prefer not to tinker with system-wide settings, you can specify
evince just for org links by customizing the variable org-file-apps.
Simply type M-x customize-variable [RET] org-file-apps [RET]

Best,
Matt