[Orgmode] Re: Best way to use org-mode as a work log

From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Best way to use org-mode as a work log
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:35:19 -0600

On 12/19/09 09:50, Ethan Brown wrote:
Since a work log is based around daily entries, I'm wondering if
anyone can recommend the best way to use org-mode for such a purpose.
I perused the FAQs but didn't see anything.  Org-mode apparently
integrates with the emacs calendar/diary so there is probably a "right
way" to do this.  If there's a FM out there that deals with this I'm
happy to RTFM.

Org mode is very amenable to multiple solutions to a problem, so I'm not sure there's a "right way".

As Matt suggested, perhaps you could explain a bit more as to your requirements: What information needs to be saved, how you would like it organized, and what things do you often need to refer to when looking in your logs later on. Or give us an idea how you've been doing it in your text file.