Re: [Orgmode] Browser Interface to org-mode?

From: sumeet pareek
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Browser Interface to org-mode?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:13:20 +0530

Hmm. Very Interesting.
http://orgmode.org/org.html#_javascript_-support

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM, sumeet pareek <address@hidden> wrote:
@Nick: You just read my mind! Will try reading XHTML exported from org-mode using org-info.js

Now I dont know this, but is there a way to import XHTML files into org-mode (retaining all the "org data" like TODO, tags, priority et al). If yes, I think I would be interested in creating a browser based interface to org-mode using GWT. Needs to be seen if I can actually start it.

Have already decided to do something using GWT this holiday season.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
sumeet pareek <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not a 100% sure but I believe I heard some where in the google
> tech talk about browser interface to org-mode. Could anybody tell me
> where can I find it? It would be a boon to me as I am mostly on a
> windows box where running org-mode is not the most simple thing to do.
>
> I also work from multiple systems and would seriously benefit from any
> org-mode interface/clone that works from the browser!?

You might be thinking about Sebastian Rose's org-info.js _javascript_
which allows you to read XHTML pages exported from org in the browser,
either as Info pages or as foldable items (a la org-mode). It is very
neat, but it is *not* a browser interface to org-mode.  Manish is right:
there is no such thing.

HTH,
Nick

--