Re: [Orgmode] Need help exporting subtrees to html

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Need help exporting subtrees to html
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:31:36 +0100

Hi Carsten,

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Juan Reyero wrote:
>> I have written a function to export org-mode subtrees as jekyll posts,
>> http://juanreyero.com/open/org-jekyll/  The idea is that any entry in
>> an org-publish project that has a :blog: keyword and an :on: property
>> with a timestamp should be exported to a _posts directory with the
>> year-month-day-title.html that jekyll expects, with the properties as
>> front-matter.
>>
>> I was very happy with it, until I realized that the levels of the
>> headers in the exported file (h2, h3, etc) depend on the indentation
>> of the subtree in the outline.  I wanted to be able to add a :blog:
>> subtree anywhere in my project's files, and get it always exported the
>> same, regardless of where in the outline it is.
>>
>> Is there any reasonably simple way to overcome this problem?  I am using:
>>
>> (org-narrow-to-subtree)
>> (setq html (org-export-as-html nil nil nil 'string t nil))
>
> Hi Juan,
>
> Try this:
>
> (outline-mark-subtree)
> (setq html (org-export-as-html nil nil nil 'string t nil))

Thanks for your answer.  I've tried it, but now it exports the whole
buffer, as if (outline-mark-subtree) didn't understand which subtree I
am looking at.  I am doing this from within an (org-map-entries).  If
I first narrow and then mark it doesn't work either: it complains of
"Before first headline at position...".

I have updated the tests at http://github.com/juanre/org-jekyll to
reflect the problem.

Best,