[Orgmode] Re: Agenda repeats diary entries

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda repeats diary entries
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:33:33 -0600

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Nathan,

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using org-agenda-diary-file.
>
> When I run agenda-mode with the attached configuration,
> I see the same diary entry under each day.
>
> Here's what my agenda shows.  Notice that the entry
> from Dec. 08 shows up on Dec. 14's and Dec. 15's agenda.
> Also, "2009" and "2009-12-December" headers
> repeated under each day.
>
> Monday     14 December 2009 W51
>   Diary:      2009
>   Diary:      2009-12 December
>   Diary:      * 2009-12-08 Tuesday
>   Diary:      ** Something else.
>   Diary:      <2009-12-08 Tue>
> Tuesday    15 December 2009
>   Diary:      2009
>   Diary:      2009-12 December
>   Diary:      * 2009-12-08 Tuesday
>   Diary:      ** Something else.
>   Diary:      <2009-12-08 Tue>
>
> Here's the contents of my diary file "journal.org"
> * 2009
> ** 2009-12 December
> *** 2009-12-08 Tuesday
> **** Something else.
>       <2009-12-08 Tue>
>
> I've tried to include the bare-minimum in my .emacs file,
> and I can provide it if necessary.  I'm submitting this
> using M-x org-submit-bug-report, so hopefully, all necessary
> info is included.

I can't reproduce this. Here's what my agenda looks like using the same
source along with the settings you included in your email:

Week-agenda (W50-W51):
Tuesday     8 December 2009
 journal:    Something else.
Wednesday   9 December 2009
Thursday   10 December 2009
Friday     11 December 2009
Saturday   12 December 2009
Sunday     13 December 2009
Monday     14 December 2009 W51

Best,
Matt

Thanks for the help, guys -- If I set the org-agenda-file to a filename that doesn't have the .org extension, then I get the following error:

Wront type argument: stringp, nil

I turned on debugging, and the error is occurring in org-fix-position-after-promote()

Here's the stack trace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  org-fix-position-after-promote()
  org-do-demote()
  org-datetree-insert-line(2009 12)
  org-datetree-find-month-create(2009 12)
  org-datetree-find-date-create((12 29 2009))
  org-agenda-add-entry-to-org-agenda-diary-file(day "foo" (12 29 2009))
  org-agenda-diary-entry-in-org-file()
  org-agenda-diary-entry()
  call-interactively(org-agenda-diary-entry nil nil)

Thanks,
-Nate