[Orgmode] Re: Date calculations

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Date calculations
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:51:46 +0100

Hey Carsten,

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> can you point out exactly where in the documentation this is located?

Sure.

org-mode/doc/org.text
Line: 6643

I wouldn't know how to phrase it, but maybe a link to
(info "(emacs)Special Diary Entries") where this behaviour is explained
is the best.

     The entry looks like this:

     %%(diary-anniversary 10 31 1948) Arthur's birthday

     This entry applies to October 31 in any year after 1948; `10 31 1948'
     specifies the date.  (If you are using the European or ISO calendar
     style, the input order of month, day and year is different.)"

> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten
>
> P.S.  Emacs calendar is great, but changing function call arguments
> depending on calendar style was a truly braindead decision.....

I completely agree. Or go all the way with localization and make the
`and' macro short-circuit right to left when you run the elisp in
Israel. ;-)

br,
benny