Re: [Orgmode] Issue with remember templates

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Issue with remember templates
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:11:13 +0100

On Dec 31, 2009, at 12:56 PM, Francis Moreau wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to note my work's holidays using remember.

For this, I have a org file (work.org for example) which contains the
following headline:

* Holidays
#+CATEGORY: Holiday
%%(diary-date 12 '(4 7) 2009) Day Off

I also created the following template to speed up the process of
entering a new holiday entri:

("Holidays" ?h "* %% (diary-date %?) Day Off" "work.org" "Holidays")

But as you can notice, this doesn't exactly create the entry I
described previously since it does:

* %% (diary-date ) Day Off

I had to insert some spaces otherwise Org tries to evaluate the Elisp
SEXP. I tried to use some backslashes in several ways like
'\%(diary-date )' but it has no effect.

"* %\\%(diary-date %?) Day Off"

should work.

The other problem is that Org ensures that the new entry has a
headline so I had to start the template with '*'. But I don't want
this since I read that the sexp entries must start at the left margin.

You can use

("Holidays" ?h "* Day Off <%\\%(diary-date %?)>" "work.org" "Holidays")

HTH

- Carsten

Could anybody give me some hints to solve these 2 issues ?

Thanks
--
Francis