[Orgmode] Re: Agenda clock reporting

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda clock reporting
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:44:38 +0100

On Jan 3, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

On Jan 3, 2010, at 3:22 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

I think the right place would be `org-clock-sum'.  Right now,
this looks only for complete clock lines.  You could modify the
regexp
to check for incomplete lines (first time stamp only) and then check
if the org-clock-marker points to the current line.  If yes, you
could
use the current time as the end time and proceed.

Send me a patch if you get this to work, with a customization
variable
to turn this off.

HTH

Yes it does thanks.  I found the logic that uses the regexp for
parsing
the times and summing them in reverse up to the headline in
org-clock-sum.  I haven't modified the regexp yet but was planning
something similar to what you describe above.

 - org-clock-sum
 - Runs through headings in reverse order
 - counts clock entries bottom up to headline
 - adds a text property to the headline with total time
 - need to find out if current heading is clocking

Yes, the alternative approach would be to *not* modify the regexp, but
check if org-clock-hd-marker points to the current headline and then
add the time since the clock started (in `org-clock-start-time') to
the appropriate
field in the ltimes vector before extracting the total time.  So you
would do
this as the first thing when you find a headline, and the proceed
normally.

Sounds simpler than modifying the regexp and would not cause any
problems
with other incomplete clock entries that may have been left behind and
never
properly resolved......

That does sound simpler ... I'll give that a try.

In fact, you only need to add the time to t1, not to the ltimes vector.....

- Carsten