[Orgmode] Re: New beamer support

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New beamer support
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:35:10 +0100

Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>>
>>> PS- An idea: wouldn't it be good (*iff* easily feasible) to load
>>> org-beamer-mode when opening an Org file whose LaTeX class is beamer?
>>
>> That could be done, but you can also set the startup option.
>> But yes, it is one more think to remember...
>
> I remember now why I did it like this.
>
> 1. If the global LaTeX class is not beamer, you still want to be able to
>    turn the mode on, because you might have a subtree that will be exported
>    as beamer presentation

Right.

Org-Beamer minor mode (indicator Bm):
Special support for editing Org-mode files made to export to beamer.

Wouldn't it be better to rename the function to be called as `M-x
org-beamer-minor-mode'. Many minor modes are called that way, even if a quick
overview of the functions show that it does not seem to be enforced.

> 2. If you are not missing the `C-c C-b' key, you can just turn on
>    org-beamer-mode in every org-mode by setting
>    org-startup-with-beamer-mode.

Right. Not a problem.

Thanks,
  Seb