[Orgmode] Re: New beamer support

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New beamer support
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:47:10 +0100

Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> Hmm, I am not sure, because \alert is of course not defined in normal
>>> LaTeX export. And maybe it would even be better to redifine bold emphasis
>>> as alert for beamer export?
>>
>> For me, bold and alert are 2 different beasts. Some beamer styles even
>> display them differently (different colors, for example). Better would be
>> not to mix them, IMHO.

>>> That happens at the BEAMER_env property and give you a way to select the
>>> environment with a single key, for example `e b' for block. If you move
>>> the cursor to the field for env args, e will give you a prompt where you
>>> can edit.
>>
>> Whether in org-mode or in org-beamer-mode, when typing `e' on the second
>> column, it opens the tag selection interface in the minibuffer. But, here,
>> what I'm trying to add is a property, not a tag...?
>
> Indeed you are changing the tag, but the property will change along with it
> (check it!). The idea is that the property is *tracked* by a tag, to make
> the current value constantly visible. I use the tag interface just because
> it exists and is simple to use.
>
>> Pressing TAB allows me free edition, but what's inserted at the node is a
>> tag...
>
> Which will cause a change in the property as well, I believe.

I don't know if it's me, but, nope, it does not.

Look, I'm starting from such a node:

* Current assets

** DB
*** Model
**** Schema
**** Partial X
     We extended X in order to put constraints on things (as one can
     with cardinalities).
**** What
*** Rules
**** Other
***** First
***** Second
***** Rules, with link automatically made between rule failures and
contributing properties
**** Performance
***** Specialization of programs given partial data
***** Query reduction: optimize the queries so that with a minimal IO
interaction the necessary data from a DB can be requested
*** Computations
**** Excel engine *IS NOT THE LAST ITEM*
*** Integrity *has a subitem* (not shown by default)
**** Seamless migrations is not visible if allowframebreaks is not set

Trying to add the property on the level-2 item named "DB", as you can see in
my "lossage":

[ a l l w o <backspace> <backspace> o w f r a m e s

I end up with that change:

* Current assets

** DB                                            :[allowframebreaks]:B_block:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :END:
*** Model

Properties are empty.

When not typing `e b', I just end up with:

** DB                                                    :[allowframebreaks]:
*** Model

No property block is created...

Maybe I still do something wrong?

> I know it is confusing - but once you've got your head around this, it will
> be very useful.

As soon as I get this working, OK, yes, not a problem, I just have to know...

Thanks,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban