[Orgmode] Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:21:17 -0600

Hello guys,

Orgmode files are great for studying, for example, code.

Everytime I need to study some unknown code, I create a new org file, put a * Code headline, paste the code in there and start making notes below or in the code (as comments). It is extremelly fast and efficient to do something like that, things just flow.

What I'd like to know is if there's a way to have, for example, orgmode + _javascript_-mode, so that I can get syntax-highlighting/coloring on the pasted _javascript_ code. I've tried with _javascript_ mode, but since it is a major mode, it just kills org and all its goodies, and I don't want that.

Is there a way to have two major modes at the same time, such as org + js-mode?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo Serpa.