[Orgmode] Tips on maintaining a knowledge-base ?

From: d . sturb
Subject: [Orgmode] Tips on maintaining a knowledge-base ?
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 14:08:16 +0000

I've been using org-mode for a little while, I've kept it really simple for now, with only two files :
- one to act as an inbox, with remember-mode
- another where I stick just about anything that's been processed from the inbox

This is great for managing somewhat 'actionable' items, fitting a projects/tasks paradigm, but I keep adding things of a more general nature, that I won't be needing on a day-to-day basis.
i.e. outlines describing a general topic, some sysadmin how-tos, reading notes etc
I see these notes more as an archive of knowledge nuggets on selected topics, rather than something I'd need to show up in my agenda view.
Ideally they would be heavily interlinked in a wiki fashon for easy navigation when referring to it int he future, but I haven't put much effort into that yet (well it's all in one file for now...).

I was wondering if anyone uses org-mode for this kind of use, and would really be interested in reading how you maintain such a system.
I'm especially interested in methods that relate to structuring and 'querying' the knowledge base, since it's of no use if information can't be found easily.

regards, julien.

PS : by the way, first post here, so hey everyone !