Re: [Orgmode] Suppressing information in org-beamer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suppressing information in org-beamer
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:02:17 +0100

Hi Marvin,

On Jan 10, 2010, at 1:47 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

Dear all,

I use beamer to prepare lectures, and find it useful to suppress information or slides on the version of the slides that I distribute to the class at the start of my lectures. I suppress information using the beamer handout mode and the following latex commands

\newcommand{\hushframe}{\frame<handout:0>}
\newcommand{\hushit}{\only<handout:0>}

It would be nice to incorporate this in org-beamer, does anybody have any ideas ?

I think you'd add <handout:0> to the BEAMER_envargs property of the node that is turned into a frame.

The only way to use \only right now would be to just write it in the text

  \only<4->{The proof used \textit{reductio ad absurdum}.}

Hmmm, maybe this will not work?

Try

#+BEAMER: \only<4->{The proof used \textit{reductio ad absurdum}.}

HTH

- Carsten

P.S. Any ideas to make a better way to use \uncover and \only on selected
     material?

Best Wishes,