[Orgmode] Re: Update ispell-dictionary to text language

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Update ispell-dictionary to text language
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:20:34 +0100

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Andresen wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Here my proposal (and my very first self-written chunk of ELisp code) for
>> switching to the right language for ispell, upon reading the contents of
>> the meta-tag `LANGUAGE'.
>
> I think using File Variables are better for this. For no particular reason
> except they are standardized and don't require any additional code in Org
> Mode.
> (info "(emacs)Specifying File Variables")
> # -*- ispell-local-dictionary: "german" -*-

I know them, even use them in directories (see `.dir-locals.el'), instead of
files.

((org-mode . ((ispell-local-dictionary . "american")
              (time-stamp-format . "%:y-%02m-%02d")
              (time-stamp-start . "^#\\+DATE: +")
              (time-stamp-end . "$"))))

BUT there is a *language specification* in the Org template:

#+TITLE:     Scorpios.org
#+AUTHOR:    Seb Vauban
#+EMAIL:     address@hidden
#+DATE:      2010-01-13 Wed
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
             ^^

AND it is *used by Org* (at least for the HTML export, and for LaTeX as well I
think -- or, in any case, it should use it).

Thus, I try to avoid declaring which language is used in the buffer at two
different spots, because we can change one and forget to change the other.

Therefore, I would like to keep only one language declaration (the one of the
Org template, in this case), and get Emacs follow it.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,
  Seb

--