Re: [Orgmode] Re: hitting tab on last number item in list hides next par

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: hitting tab on last number item in list hides next paragraph
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:26:58 +0100

On Jan 13, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Hi Eric and Carsten,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
Carsten Dominik wrote:
On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

with the attached file, if I position the cursor on the 3rd numbered entry in the first list and hit tab, the following single sentence paragraph is hidden. This seems somewhat non-intuitive to me or have I misunderstood
something. My impression was that indentation was used to identify
continuing elements in a list or paragraph. Even adding more blank lines between that 3rd entry and the sentence doesn't make any difference.

This is not critical by any means!  Just a curious behaviour.

Yes, this is a shortcoming of list cycling which I cannot fix. Folding a list item will always fold to the next item and not recognize the end of
the item as given by indentation.

If you find it too confusing, turn off `org-cycle-include-plain- lists'.

I may just do that as I don't often want to hide list entries actually.

I'll do that as well, as I'm always caught when trying to indent correctly a
list item...

But, indeed, this is a very tiny detail.

Well, we could consider changing the defualt value for that variable......

- Carsten

Thanks,
 Seb

--