[Orgmode] Re: refiling

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: refiling
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:27:12 +0100

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

>> if I refile from elsewhere, it picks ALL items at a level to refile to when
>> I select
>> linux.org.
>>
>> e.g linux.org/general, linux.org/debian, linux.org/test
>>
>> If I then select "general" it also prompts for me now to select "learn
>> org mode". Is this because of some hangover from me using org-mode? In
>> other words I cant refile to linux.org/debian.
>
> Refile completion follows the hierarchy of your outline. Thus, once you
> have limited the results to linux.org/general, org-refile will only
> offer you subtrees belonging to "general." If you want more flexible

That is fine and as expected. My point is more that I am unable to file
to linux.org/general since it has elements filed there. It offers me to
select an actual existing org item as opposed to letting me store the
rewritten item to linux.org/general.

> completion, you can fiddle around with the variables
> org-refile-use-outline-path, org-completion-use-ido,
> and org-outline-path-complete-in-steps.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Google Talk : address@hidden  http://www.google.com/talk