Re: [Orgmode] Re: Update ispell-dictionary to text language

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Update ispell-dictionary to text language
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:14:24 +0100

I have seen this thread and I am still contemplating what
to do with it.  More input and opinions would be welcome.

- Carsten

On Jan 13, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Andresen wrote:
Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

Here my proposal (and my very first self-written chunk of ELisp code) for switching to the right language for ispell, upon reading the contents of
the meta-tag `LANGUAGE'.

I think using File Variables are better for this. For no particular reason except they are standardized and don't require any additional code in Org
Mode.
(info "(emacs)Specifying File Variables")
# -*- ispell-local-dictionary: "german" -*-

I know them, even use them in directories (see `.dir-locals.el'), instead of
files.

((org-mode . ((ispell-local-dictionary . "american")
             (time-stamp-format . "%:y-%02m-%02d")
             (time-stamp-start . "^#\\+DATE: +")
             (time-stamp-end . "$"))))

BUT there is a *language specification* in the Org template:

#+TITLE:     Scorpios.org
#+AUTHOR:    Seb Vauban
#+EMAIL:     address@hidden
#+DATE:      2010-01-13 Wed
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
            ^^

AND it is *used by Org* (at least for the HTML export, and for LaTeX as well I
think -- or, in any case, it should use it).

Thus, I try to avoid declaring which language is used in the buffer at two different spots, because we can change one and forget to change the other.

Therefore, I would like to keep only one language declaration (the one of the
Org template, in this case), and get Emacs follow it.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,
 Seb

--