[Orgmode] remote reference

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: [Orgmode] remote reference
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:49:20 +0100

I do not understand how I can reference tables (only the first one?)
in remote files.  The manual says:

Remote references

You may also reference constants, fields and ranges from a different
table, either in the current file or even in a different file.  The
syntax is

     remote(NAME-OR-ID,REF)

where NAME can be the name of a table in the current file as set by a
`#+TBLNAME: NAME' line before the table.  It can also be the ID of an
entry, even in a different file, and the reference then refers to the
first table in that entry.  REF is an absolute field or range reference
as described above for example address@hidden' or `$somename', valid in the
referenced table.

remote(FILENAME,REF) does not seem to work.  All the tutorials I
found are either too basic or too advanced or too general.

--
Karl Eichwalder