[Orgmode] Re: clock and WAIT

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: clock and WAIT
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:10:06 +0100

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Richard Riley wrote:
>>
>> When I put a task into certain states it would be nice to stop the clock
>> automatically. It is done for DONE at the moment.
>>
>> Would it make sense to make
>>
>> org-clock-out-when-done
>>
>> a list of state names rather than (or in addition to) a bool?
>>
>> That way I could make it DONE, WAIT so when I cycle the state to WAIT (eg for
>> an email confirming something works) the clock is stopped automatically?
>>
>> Or is there another mechanism for this? Or is the mantra more to keep
>> stop/start manual until the obvious state for "DONE"?
>>

> Not for a list of states but it can be done for at least one state.
> See variable org-clock-out-switch-to-state.
>
> HTH

Thats a different issue. That determines which state the task is
automatically switched to when you actually remember to clock out.

I'm not sure I would find that useful since there are multiple states I
might be in with and without the clock running and I wouldnt want stopping the
clock to reset the state.

--
Google Talk : address@hidden  http://www.google.com/talk