Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-push and agenda IDs

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-push and agenda IDs
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 13:12:39 -0500

Hi Tom,

They are not required, but they eliminate potential problems that may
be encountered with the simple path-based node identification scheme.
The risk level is fairly low, and you should be fine with the force
option disabled.

The path-based id scheme fails if you have this:

* Parent
** A name
*** A node you didn't edit
** A name
*** A node you edited

The path to the node you edited is ambiguous and will cause a sync
conflict.  As long as you keep this in mind, you should be fine.

Hope this helps,
Richard