[Orgmode] Re: Org and LaTeX tables

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org and LaTeX tables
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:45:32 +0100

Hi Carsten and Eric,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> Here is a dirty trick that might work. Environments are only detected if
>>> they are the first thing in a new line:
>>>
>>> #+LaTeX: {}\begin{shaded}
>>> |   Code |    1st |    2nd |
>>> |--------+--------+--------|
>>> | 361-94 | 830.00 | 830.00 |
>>> | 364-91 |   0.00 | 347.00 |
>>> #+LaTeX: \end{shaded}
>>
>> That DOES work. Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Now, regarding "long term" (whatever it means), can I count on that feature
>> to still be supported in the future?
>>
>> Or would/should such a feature be implemented in a different manner? Am I
>> the only one having that need? Can others give a feedback on this?
>
> I think Chris Gray's special blocks were actually not a bad idea for this
> kind of problem.

Sure, they're a really nice and intuitive way to do.

> What is the source of the incompatibility with babel?

I vaguely remember something went wrong with verbatim stuff. But I honestly
have had no problems with org-special-blocks [¹] + org-babel for the last
couple of days, since I re-enable it. So, was my problem transient?  Was it
something else?  I can't tell exactly anymore.

So, I now have both enabled by default in my .emacs, and they love each other
right now.

Best regards,
  Seb

[¹] but the problems described in my previous post ("Error when exporting to
    LaTeX")... Partly, but not only it seems, the lack of way to pass
    parameters along with the environment.

--
Sébastien Vauban