Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Managing a bibtex database

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Managing a bibtex database
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:35:06 +0900

Hi Taru,

I was thinking of something similar but (even if I like org-babel a lot) not
based on org-babel. I think a own mode ala org-bibtex would be nice. However,
the ideas might be joinable.

My idea would be to have somethink like the org-mode link-feature. However,
instead of asking for the link and a describtion text, I like to give the
bibtex-key only. Somewhere in the Header I like to define the bibtex style and
as soon as I finish this kind of link, it would be formated *direclty*
according to the bibtex-style. Removing one of the square brackets should show
the single bibtex entry for possible modifications. Closing the link again will
reformat the descriptive text accordingly.

By this way I would be able to maintain the database in org-mode with addional
notes and information which are not interesting for the database records.

Just an idea..

Totti