[Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 03:35:43 +0000 (UTC)

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Any ideas and experience would be welcome.

I have a similar experience to you.   I run org-mode on my office
computer and home computer and synchronise the files via USB drive
and Python backup script.

After using an A5 sized notebook for an almost paper-based system,
I decided to be as close to 100% orgmode as possible. I treat
org-mode as my primary system and anything I capture on paper
gets transferred to org-mode when convenient.

I bought an A5 sized (5.5 x 8/5 inches / 14 x 21cm)
student diary - one week to an opening with the 7 days on the
left and a page for notes on the right. I use this for note taking
and writing in very important dates, but I still refer to the
org-mode file as the master reference.  This diary cost $3.50 ...
quite a bargain.

My other idea capture and note taking tool are 3 x 5 inch
system cards. I cut up scrap paper into this size and keep several
handy in my shirt pocket and a pencil. I can jot down notes any time
and transfer what is important when I am back at the computer.

Printing a weekly agenda from org-mode is a handy motivational
tool. I make it a game/challenge to cross everything off the list.
The act of crossing something off a printed list is more rewarding
and motivational than  C-c C-t d  (DONE) in org-mode :-)

Charles