Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with di

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:06:41 +0000

I bought an A5 sized (5.5 x 8/5 inches / 14 x 21cm)
student diary - one week to an opening with the 7 days on the
left and a page for notes on the right. I use this for note taking
and writing in very important dates, but I still refer to the org-mode file as the master reference. This diary cost $3.50 ...
quite a bargain.

For the same reason I bought the moleskine. A bit more expensive but I thought it has to hold the harsh environments in my pocket for one year and I noticed that mid of January shops like to get rid of calendars urgently and greatly discount them ;)

My other idea capture and note taking tool are 3 x 5 inch
system cards. I cut up scrap paper into this size and keep several
handy in my shirt pocket and a pencil. I can jot down notes any time
and transfer what is important when I am back at the computer.

I tried this but always messed up with lost cards, messed up cards, etc. Thus I was looking for a more "stable" version.

You might want to look at dial2do.com and reqall.com. Not sure if they have local servers in your location. I find them useful for short notes. I simply phone them, leave my message and it gets transcribed into something approaching what I actually said. I then run a script which downloads the rss feed from the service and adds it to my task list.

There is org-feed.el and my Python script on github, either of which can grab the rss feed and append new items to an org file.

Ian.