Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode manual - available in *.org / emacs format?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode manual - available in *.org / emacs format?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:58:20 +0100

Erwin Panen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Erwin

> I thought I read somewhere the orgmode manual is included with emacs /
> org or downloadable as org document?

you may look at the org.texi file, in the doc directory of org-V.ersion,
(zip? tgz?) and convert it to the format you want.
man texinfo
I believe in the doc directory the manual is already in pdf.

> It seems contained in \home\emacs-23.1\info\info
> However when I open this file with file->open file
> the outlook is totally different than opening it via
> menu-> Org-> Documentation-> Info Documentation
yes because the "org" file is in info format
and Emacs does "convert" it to a browsable
format (is like viewing a html source file  or displaying
it in a browser, pretty different, don't you think? ;-)

> Is the web / html version of the manual made by publishing Info
> Documentation? Can someone confirm?
of course.

> I had a look at Publishing and the 2 contained sample configurations.
> Will following these examples give the left-hand scrollable TOC like
> it's visible on the http://orgmode.org/manual page?
I think it depends on the css. Have a look on it ;-)

> If you have any other links or tutorials covering publishing / LateX,
the LaTeX tutorial is missing, but the manual seems pretty complete
to me
cheers
Giovanni