[Orgmode] Re: Deadline question, must be making a mistake

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Deadline question, must be making a mistake
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:40:36 -0500

"David A. Gershman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Rather than changing the config variable, I'd like to change the number
> of "warning days" on a deadline date.  I put the following:
>
>   DEADLINE: <2010-02-14 Sun -14d>
>
> But when I view the agenda, I'm not getting my warning days.  I only see
> the warning if *today* is within the time frame, not if I'm just
> *viewing* the time frame.
>
> Any way to have the warning show regardless of what day it is?

I think what you are seeing is the intended behaviour.  If you set a
deadline warning day it only shows up in your agenda when 'today' is
within the warning period (ie. you're less than 14 days away from the
deadline date).

I don't think you can set a deadline for 6 months in the future with
-14d and expect to see the warning when you view the calendar a week
before that deadline since the deadline is still 6 months away from
today.

-Bernt